The Zen Meditation and Mindfulness Course is a four week program to learn how to meditate and how to apply it in daily life. It includes small group instruction, structure, support and practical exercises. It offers mindfulness practices to “wake up” to listening, walking, eating, driving, and all every-day activities.
The course provides…
- Zen from the Beginning workbook
- Individualized instruction
- Assistance with practicing mindfulness and maintaining awareness throughout the day
- Help with overcoming resistance to meditating
- Support from a community of people practicing Zen Meditation to help get you going
- Option to buy a meditation cushion at reduced rate
- The program is comparable to mindfulness-based stress reduction programs.
The Zen Meditation and Mindfulness Course consists of
- Four classes on Tuesday evenings, 7 pm to 9
- Small group instruction and discussion
- Meditation periods
- Structure, feedback, and support
- Optional tea & social after the program with regular practitioners (9 pm to 9:30)
- Optional complimentary participation in other Zen Center programs during the course
- Offered four times per year: New Year; Spring, Summer & Late Fall
- Register by 9 pm the Monday before the course begins
- $145.00 (Tax deductible)
- For those buying a meditation cushion at discounted rate for this program, the fee is $185 (Tax deductible)
- For information about the workshop leaders, click here
Dates for 2016
- New Year: Jan. 19 to Feb. 9
- Spring: Apr. 5 to Apr. 26
- Summer: July 6 to July 26
- Fall: Oct. 18 to Nov. 8
To register, choose the course option and date from the menus, then click on the “buy now” button:
You will receive an immediate confirmation of your registration by email from Pay Pal.
Prefer not to use Pay Pal? After clicking on the “buy now” button, click the “Don’t have a Pay Pal Account” option at the bottom of the payment page. It will then open to credit or debit card options.
Registering for two people? You will need to register twice. Then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to give us the name and email or phone of the second person.
Registering for someone else? Register using your name and credit card information. Then please email us at email@example.com to give us the name and email or phone of the person who will be attending.
Refund policy: For cancellations made before 10 am the day of the workshop, you may choose to re-schedule or receive a full refund. For cancellations made later on the start day or no-show, you may re-schedule once for a later date, or apply your full fee toward another program, or receive a 50% refund. If you discontinue after attending the first class, there is a 40% refund. No refunds after the second class.