If you use the search box below or the links provided to order your Zen or other books, the Zen Center receives a small portion of the sale.
Reading As Practice
We recommend the following titles on Zen:
Note: If the book covers from Amazon do not appear above, you may want to temporarily disable your ad blocker or open the site using a different browser. If you want to leave your ad blocker enabled, here is the list without links:
- Opening the Hand of Thought by Uchiyama
- Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck
- Taking the Path of Zen by Robert Aitken
- From the Zen Kitchen to Enlightenment by Uchiyama and Dogen
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind by Shunryu Suzuki
- The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- How to Raise an Ox by Francis Cook
- Street Zen by David Schneider
- Buddhism Plain & Simple by Steve Hagen
- The Mind of Clover by Robert Aiken
You may key these titles into the Amazon search box above or make other arrangements to obtain them.
Under the trees, among the rocks, a thatched hut;
verses and sacred commentaries live there together.
I’ll burn the books I carry in my bag,
but how can I forget the verses written in my gut?